Sunday, July 19, 2009

Who really wins in the end


I went to a party, and I remembered what you said,
You told me not to drink, so I drank soda instead.
I really felt proud inside, the way you said I would.
I didn't drink and drive, even though the others said I should.
I know I did the right thing, I know you are always right.

The party is finally over and I am heading outside to leave.
As I got into my car, I knew I'd get home in one piece
I started to drive away, but just as I pulled out into the road,
the other car did not see me, and he hit me like a load.


As I laid there lifeless on the ground, I heard the policeman say,
the other guy was drunk, and now I will be the one to pay.
I am lying here dying, I wish you would get here soon.
How could this possibly happen to me, My life has just burst like a party balloon.


There is blood all around me, and I know most of it is mine.
I even heard the medic say, I will die now in just a short time.

I just wanted to tell you Mom and Dad, I swear I didn't drink.
It was the others at the party. It was them who didn't think.
He was probably even at the same party as me.
Why do people drink? It can completely ruin your entire life.
I am feeling very sharp pains now, and it feels just like a knife.

The guy who was drinking and hit me is now walking away, I don't think its fair.
I am the one laying here dying, and all he can do is stare.
Please tell my brother, sister, friends and family to be brave, And when I got to heaven, Please have them inscribe: "My Sweetest Little Angel " on my grave.
Someone should have told him; not to drink and drive,
Then I would not be lying here, wondering when I will die.


My breath is getting shorter now, I am becoming very scared.
Please do not cry for me, because when I needed you, you were always there.

I have just one last question, before I say goodbye.
I didn't drink and drive, so why am I the one to die.



To all my friends and family: Please be careful during prom and any other special event. Our children and loved ones are on the road with you. We want them to come home safely.

Wanda

No comments:

Post a Comment