Thursday, July 23, 2009

Cocoa Keys


I wanted to shout out a word of praise for this magnificent place. Tonight I had the privilege of seeing first hand what care and concern a water park has for its customers. Tonight my daughter was whisked away from her fun and activities because she started to have difficulties breathing. The quick wit of the staff members such as Dave Davidson, Michael Robinson and Matt the night supervisor prevented what could have been a mothers worse nightmare.

I received the call around 8:30 that my daughter had been unable to breath and she was being attended to by paramedics on the scene. She had been playing DDR a popular game with upbeat songs that teenagers and many people alike enjoy at outings. I was told she and the others were finishing up their game when her breathing became shallow and unsteady. This is when the quick skill of the staff came to the rescue. These men worked diligently to get my daughter to safety and remained calm when a medical emergency arose during her visit to the water park. They carefully assessed the situation at hand and made her comfortable outside of the activity area to help control her breathing.

Dave Davidson, the two other life guards and the manager on duty Matt determined that she was in need of additional medical assistance outside of what they could provide. At this point they called 911 for assistance. I was met at the door by Daves concerned mother and her best friend Stephanie Braker. All people who were involved became concerned for my daughters safety and kept close to her at all times.

I personally would like to thank the Waterbury Fire and rescue department along with the ambulance service who came to the water park to aide in my daughters health . I am happy to know that we have men and women who respond so quickly to a situation. As a mother I could never express the sincere gratitude to everyone.

thanks so much

Wanda P.

ps,,,,,,
{ariel won the ddr competition in case you were wondering.} This will definitely not be her last visit to this water park she plans on going again soon and enjoying the water park with her friends. Ariel stated, "I would come back and do it all again because I know if it happened again I would have plenty of staff members around to help me, but I think I will stay away from ddr for awhile."


A special thanks of gratitude to those men/women at the water park who stayed later to fill out all of the necessary paperwork. You are all top rate employees and I hope your employer knows how valuable each and every one of you are to the overall performance of the water park and hotel.

Wanda Palmerie

No comments:

Post a Comment