Thursday, July 23, 2009

a mothers love for ariel all grown up




Although you have read my blog about my daughter and her incident I did not get to express my feelings about the situation. Those who were around my daughter repeatedly asked her if they could call her mom, (ME).To my hearbroken surprise she told them NO. She did not want to bother or disturb me. When walking into the hotel there were lifeguards, paramedics, the fire rescue personnel, my daughters best friend Stephanie and her boyfriend dave along with daves mother. the feeling of being alone is so overwhelming there are no words that can be placed on the sorrow I felt. Here I was the mother of this sick child and I was the last person who was called to the scene. For this I feel failure in teaching my children important contact information through the years. For this I feel I am not a good mother. But most of all for this I feel that she does not trust my judgment and does not want me to be there when she is sick or hurting,. Now I am the one hurting inside. NO medic, rescue team or friend can mend a mothers broken heart. The person who can mend it is the only person who broke it. We parents do so much for our families and in their lives. We rarely ask for anything in return. But to be disregarded, disrespected and notified last about your childs immediate medical care, well; the care of our childrens health makes being a mom obsolete. The one thing all moms know that we can fix with a smile, a bandage or a soft rock back and forth are no longer options for healing the wounds of our children, It sometimes seems we try to hold onto our children longer by letting them know how much we do love and care about them. I guess my days of being a mom are gone. I am sorry to see them go. They were some of the best years of my life and I will cherish them forever.
Thanks for the Memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment